Monday, December 23, 2013

My Present

Merry Christmas!
 
Today is my post over at Get Inky!  Our theme is Winter Snow!
 
First thing I thought of, living in the Midwest, is SNOWMEN!  I love snowmen.  Our home probably has more snowmen out for decoration than Santa or Nutcrackers.  And if you know me at all, it is very difficult to have more of anything than Nutcrackers.  :-) 
 
 

There is a story behind this tag.  :-)   When the challenge came up, I wasn't sure what to create.  Of course it had to have a snowman..but in what way....

So....I thought I could create a tag.  I love making tags for my family's Christmas presents...they are cute, personal, and the kids LOVE that I do that.  But this tag is different, it's for MY present.  My husband and I have been married for long enough that unless you go and buy something big, such as a recliner or new windows, you can't really surprise the other person.  So this year, I thought about what I would like to have....and ordered it (after I looked around for the best deal...and where I could get add-ons cheaper than if I ordered any separate, and told my husband what I was doing).   The package came and it's quite heavy (it's a crafty machine, of course).  Since my husband just had surgery for biopsies (yes, multiple), he was unable to lift the box to wrap.  That means I wrapped it.  I thought it needed something... But of course, a tag!!  The ideas was rooted....and perfect for this challenge. 

And since the wrapping paper I chose had red, gold, and green...it fit the current Peachy Keen Stamps photo challenge too.
 
 
http://www.peachykeenstamps.com/forums/topic/peachy-keen-challenge-13-50-photo-inspiration/

With that in mind, I headed to my craft room - the dining table.

To create the base of the tag, I used Scraptastical Kreations' Element Me This file and green cardstock.  The edges were inked with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.
 
I used Versamark ink and the GI 2013 Holiday Stamp set.  The mask technique was used to create the tree line.  For the ground, I tore a piece of paper and traced with an embossing pen. 
 
 
I used a white gel pen and a Spica glitter pen to accent the trees and give them a bit of dimension.
 
 
I stamped the holly leaves and berries (from the stamp set) on the top half in Versamark ink and highlighted with a Spica Glitter Pen.
 
 
The buttons on the snowman were created with the 'reindeer nose' from the stamp set.  I colored them with an Evergreen Bough Distress Marker and added the 'holes' with a white gel pen. 
 
 
The snowman was created with a file I purchased in the Sil store and cut with my Cameo.  The cute face is a stamp from PK 520 Stamp Set - Winter Face Assortment by Peachy Keen Stamps.  I stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed with Zing embossing powder in black.  His nose was 'colored' with Pumpkin Liquid Pearls.  His pipe was finished using Hot Cocoa Liquid Pearls.  A bit of blush (dry chalk) to his cheeks too.  For the final touch, I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to his hat.   
 
 
 
The ribbon is from my stash (Hobby Lobby purchase).  It has the perfect color combo for this (red & green with gold strands). 
 
 
I think it turned out great.  Looks wonderful on my package.  :-)
 
 
Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us.
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Super cute Tonya. I love that snowman and the trees really do pop! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super duper cute! Love that snowman! Thanks for joining us in this week's PKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow on the trees and your adorable snowman. Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen Stamps. Merry Christmas-

    ReplyDelete