Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Card for Hubby

For the All that Stickles Link Party, click HERE

Happy Saturday!

With the cold artic blast, and snow expected, I thought I'd stay inside with the kids where it's nice and warm....and craft while they played. 
 
One of the creations of today is for the current Peachy Keen Stamps Release challenge.
The challenge theme is.....It's Your Birthday.
The theme is in honor of the challenge host, Vivien, and Kathy, the Peachy Queen.

Happy Birthday ladies!!

 
Speaking of birthdays.....my hubby's birthday is mid-January.  I thought I'd take this opportunity to make his birthday card.
 
 
 
 
My husband is a US Navy Veteran.  That was the inspiration for this card.  I purchased the Fancy Pants Down by the Shore paper pad over the summer.  Isn't it perfect for his card?
 
The sentiment (Happy Birthday) is from the April 2012 SOTM set from Peachy Keen Stamps, stamped in white pigment ink.  The picture does not show it well, but I highlighted the sentiment with a Spica Glitter Pen, like the waves and the sails.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut all the pieces of for the card.
 
My husband is several years older than I am.  So, I stamped, on the inside, the sentiment (not pictured) from the PKS December 2012 SOTM set that say says......
 
You're not old.
But you will ALWAYS be
OLDER THAN ME!
 
I tease him ALL the time about our age difference.  This sentiment is perfect!
 
He was a bit nosey while I was creating this.  Therefore, he won't be surprised when he receives this card next month.  Oh well, that's what he gets for being curious.  :-)

 
 
Supplies:
Fancy Pants Down by the Shore paper pad
Twine
Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Silhouette Cameo
Cat's Eye Fluid Chalk
Pigment Ink pad
Spica Pen
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card! The colors are wonderful and the twine around the mat looks amazing! Thanks for playing along in the Peachy Keen Release Party Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful masculine card! Love the papers! Please thank your husband for his service! Also, an early happy birthday to him! He is going to love your card! Thanks for joining us in the PKS:December Release Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete