Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Love

Happy Sunday!!
 
Hope your Christmas was a great one.  Ours was very pleasant.  The kids were content with what Santa brought them,, and Hubby loves his gift too.  ;-) 
 
Now, it's time for a new challenge over at Red Carpet Studio


Our Wonderful Sponsor

https://www.facebook.com/SparklySweetCraftNotions
 
 
Our theme this challenge is to create a project with something NEW.  If any of you are like me, you have LOADS of NEW stuff...I just can't help myself when buying crafty supplies.  :-)
 
My NEW for this project are my Fiskars Fuse (used to emboss the blue paper), Distress Stickles for 'LOVE,' and a photo printer (this is the first picture to be printed from it).
 
 
My project is the first of many layouts to come.  My husband has been having some serious health problems over the last 18 months. He has been diagnosed with a virus, pneumonia (twice), possible fatty liver, etc...now we are exploring Cancer.  And from all the information, it could be advanced.  :-(  He was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2000.  Thankfully it was caught very early, and he was able to beat it then.  But this time, it's more serious.  And we have three babies that have been placed in our care.  We NEED Daddy for a very long time. 
 
My New Year's Resolution is to document my hubby and his impact on our lives.  I am going to document daily things.  Small things like sitting on the couch with our 3 year old......sitting in the chair hogging the TV.....working around the house on my Honey-Do-List.   But I am also going to go through our box of photos and make up a book or two for the kids to learn who Daddy was before their arrival.  :-) 
 
My layout was inspired by a Scrapbook Etc Sketch, Navy colors, and the New Year.  My husband is a very proud US Navy Veteran, hence the blue and white colors.  If he could live on the Sea, he would without a second thought.  The New Year is the metallic colors and Stickles.   
 
The photo is from our trip to Denver, CO.  Hubby was heading to a work conference.  I had never been west of the Mississippi.  Well, I tagged along.  It was wonderful!  This picture was taken on our way to Boulder for the day.  I personally don't like the photo...I have REALLY big hair....but if I only used photos I liked, I'd never scrap any of myself.  :-D
 

 
 
Now, I KNOW you have something new laying around....when you find it, create your project and link it up HERE
 
 
 
Happy New Year!!!
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a touching post. I love your page, picture and your big hair! Stay strong, keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete