Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hang It on A Tree

For the All that Stickles Linky Party, click HERE

Merry Christmas!!
 
I have been trying to decorate the house like a mad woman before the month of December gets away from me.  One thing I dislike greatly is to decorate and feel like it's time to un-decorate shortly there after. 
 
For example, we decorate a real tree (that we cut down from a local tree farm) plus 8 artificial trees (6 & 4 ft) around the house.  I like to get them up within a week of Thanksgiving so that the fruits of my labor are thoroughly enjoyed before the New Year comes and goes, and it's time to take all the decorations down.
 
The tree that I put up in the dining room is a bit bare.  My husband and I thought it would be fun to create homemade ornaments with the kids for it. 
 
And then Peachy Keen Stamps posted their current challenge.....
 
 
What a COINCIDENCE!!
 
So to get us started on our little creation fest with the kids, I created this little beauty.
 
 
 
I used a Jamie Cripps Silhouette File for the snowflake.  I used the PKS July SOTM and coordinating SVG kit for the holly & berries.  I cut the base layer of the snowflake and holly/berry shape from white textured cardstock.  
 
 
I colored the image with copics (berries - R14, R39, R89/holly - G12, G24, G46) 
I put it on a foam square and placed it in the middle of the snowflake. 

To coordinate with the PKS image, I used a mistletoe brad (from Hobby Lobby) to form the base shape of the snowflake, that is visible on the backside of the ornament.
 
 
Supplies:
White cardstock
Snap paper pad (patterned paper)
Copics
PKS SOTM set
SVG for SOTM set
Brad
Twine
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. SUPER cute project,Thanks for joining us in the Peachy Keen challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete