Sunday, December 15, 2013

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Challenge

Merry Christmas!
 
It's time for a new challenge at Red Carpet Studio Challenge.
 
For this challenge, our DT is teaming up with Stuck?! Sketches challenge blog
 
Theme of our challenge is......
 "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" 
(Use a Christmas tree on a scrapbook layout inspired by the following sketch)
 
 
 
 
Here's my layout.................
I stayed pretty true to the sketch..... 
To create and cut each piece, I put the sketch in my Silhouette software and 'created' the pieces. 
 
I used Bo Bunny's Mistletoe Paper Collection.  I LOVE this paper pad.  I have been so afraid to use the paper and waste it..so I've been holding on to it since last Christmas season.  :-)   Thought I'd pull it out and cut it up. 
 
 
The chevron paper was misted with Perfect Pearls Mist. 


The main tree was pieced with three layers, the center one being white cardstock. 
The tree was highlighted with a Spica pen and gems from a page kit from Hobby Lobby.


 The accent tree were cut from white cardstock and colored with Distress Inks (Evergreen Bough and Iced Spruce), and misted with the same Perfect Pearls mist while the ink was wet.  The mist gave the trees a 'icy' textured look.
 
This layout will be put in our family book with this year's picture of the kids with Santa. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment