Friday, January 31, 2014

Flower Fun!

Happy Friday!
 
I am excited to Guest DT at Miriam's Crafting Blog, and to share my flower project with you!
 
Miriam generously supplied me with some goodies from her store, including these gorgeous bronze flowers.  When I pulled them out, I KNEW I had to use them. 
 
 
I am a paper crafter...so it took me SEVERAL attempts to finally decide what I was going to do with the flower.
 
The first thing I tried was putting a red eyelet in the middle and adding Stickles (my go-to crafty item) for some pizzazz....
I am totally in love with this flower...but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it so that the project was just as pretty as the flower itself.
 
Then it hit me!!  COPICS!
 
I purchased a small airbrush gun months & months ago.  But I have been afraid to 'waste' the air can.  You know what I mean, right?  You have this wonderful product that you just don't want to use due to fear of an inferior final product??  
Yeah, me too! 
 
So, with the airbrush, I thought I would the flower as a mask.... great idea, huh?  I thought so!
I used a dark pink (RV34) Copic marker.  I have been on a kick the last two weeks of using Valentine colors and making cards for the family.  Naturally, I used a pink Copic.  ;-)
 
What's great about this method IS that I have a background paper for my creation AND a great flower for another project.   
 
After I was sure the Copic ink as dry. I cut the paper to 4 x 5 1/4 & inked around the edges with fluid chalk.  Stamped "Thinking of you" in Memento ink.  To give the 'flowers' a bit more pop and definition, I added some flat back pearls from Miriam's. 
 
Here's my card.....................
 
It's it beautiful?  I LOVE it!
 
Thank you for spending some time with me today, and don't forget to link up your project HERE.
 
 
 
 
http://scrappingfunwithtonya.blogspot.com
 



No comments:

Post a Comment