Thursday, May 1, 2014

Silhouette and Digital Papers

It's Tonya, from Scrapping Fun with Tonya, & I have a great way to use your Samantha Walker Silhouette files and Samantha Walkers Digital papers.

I just LOVE how I can personalize my projects with the Silhouette and Samantha's products.  

 
   One of my favorite Samantha Walker files is the Banner on a Curve (Design ID #38658).
 
 
 
When the file is first opened, it is sized for a 12x12 mat, and all one piece.  To be able to manipulate the file, you must first ungroup.  (Click on the image, then click/select ungroup)

 
 
 I moved the banner base away from the pieces.  Then next step was to 'release the path.'  To do this, click on the banner pieces, and open the modify window.  While the image is 'highlighted,' click release.  Doing this will separate the banner pieces so that you can alter each one individually. 
 
 

 
I wanted to use digital papers from the Samantha Walker Nautical Mega Pack.  With the Silhouette software, you can import your own papers/images.
Click file...library....import to library.
 
 
 
To fill in the banner pieces, just click on the shape of choice so that it is 'highlighted.'   All papers that are imported are available in the patterns window.  (As you can see, I organize my papers/patterns by artist/collection.)  . 

Scroll through until the pattern you want is found, click, & VOILA!  



 You can adjust the pattern to your liking by using the advanced settings.



I used this banner on a card (see below)...so I regrouped the pieces and resized accordingly. 


 
To finish, just do a print & cut. 
 
 
 
 
Here is the card I created with the banner......... 


(Close up of the banner)
 
I also used more elements from the  Samantha Walker Nautical Mega Pack for the main image (sailboat), the Together 'sentiment,' and the patterned mat.   
 
For more information on that, please follow my blog and be sure to read my next post.  
 
 
 
 
 
Supplies:
Samantha Walker Silhouette File (#38658 & #14232)
Silhouette Cameo
Printer
Recollections Cardstock
ATG Gun

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment