Friday, May 30, 2014

Cardz TV 3-D Challenge

Happy Friday!!!
 
If you haven't seen the announcement over at Cardz TV, I have been given the honor to join the
3-D DT. 
 
Wahoo!!!!!
 
 
And my first creation........................

 
I created a gift card holder.  My creation appears simple, but let me tell you, some planning and just a bit of creativity went into this beauty.  *wink*
 
The basic envelope/tag for the holder is a Jamie Lane Designs file.
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgNaJ2Wuc_Rkp8zpig3JangGhv__6Rv44_7pkqUMMOJA7tkHiHRazOIklhDS7jdL0G3UjCZRhYFbtYQ5NrjI20w5Hcfu6hl_xz6aRCTsYKJ5vpIBUJZ4yr0iI9kMSY2TJ_qoX9NwPzV_iSV/s1600/pinterestx1_72.png
I LOVE the look of this...but I needed a graduation theme...so I substituted the birthday cake for a grad cap.  That cap and tassel I used is from a Scraptastical Kreations file.  I used my Silhouette software to combine all the pieces and size them accordingly. 
 
I created an offset of the graduation cap so that I had a base for it to be assembled and displayed on.   And for the holder base, I created an offset so that I had a mat for all the pieces to sit upon. 
 
The diploma and banner were both popped up on foam squares.
 
 
For the sentiment, on the banner,  I used Cardz TV 'This & That' stamp set
 
http://www.cardztvstamps.blogspot.com/
 
I curved the stamp slightly on my acrylic block so that the words fit the banner a bit better. The sentiment was stamped with Ranger Archival Ink. 
 
 
 
Supplies:
Paper Studio cardstock (black)
DCWV cardstock
Ranger Archival Ink
Foam Squares
Tombow Mono-Multi
 
 
Be sure to link up your creation at Cardz TV
 
 
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. What a cute gift card holder! Love it. Glad to be on the CardzTV DT with you!

    Linda ☺
    Crafting With Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome gift card holder! So excited to be on the CardzTV DT with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gift card holder, very nice. Happy to be on the DT with you! :)

    Crafty hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous gift card holder!! Love it!! I am glad to be on the Cardz TV DT with you!!!!!
    Have great weekend.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project. So happy to be on the 3D team with you!
    Anita
    ScrappyHappyMommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card holder. Love it. So glad to be on Mary's DT with you.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gift card holder turned out great, Tonya!! I'm so happy to have you as a Cardz TV Designer!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful gift card holder Tonya! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW & OMG what two terrific gift card holders and oh girl I do know how much work you put into each it definitely shows and wow such detail and girl you craft with passion.
    I love Mary's stamps too!!
    Congratz on being on Miss Mary's 3D Design Team. She so rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you really had to mix and match with this project, which is awesome because it totally showcases your creativity!! Love the gift card holder idea. So excited to be on this 3-D Design Team with you!!

    ReplyDelete