Sunday, May 18, 2014

Red Carpet Studio Challenge

Welcome to another challenge at Red Carpet Studio!
 
 

This bi-weekly challenge is inspired by the movie "Saving Private Ryan"




This movie revolves around a group of soldiers trying to locate a US paratrooper during the invasion of Normandy who is the last surviving brother of four men fighting in WWII.

THE CHALLENGE:  Create a project to commemorate Memorial Day.  Do you have a picnic with your family?  Do you honor those men and women who served in the Armed Forces?  We can't wait to see what you create!  

Challenge Guidelines:

  • Project must be posted during the duration of the challenge, no back linking.
  • Project must fit the theme of the challenge.
  • Link up by MAY 31 at 11:00 PM US CST.
  • Number of challenge entries is limited to three per participant.
This challenge's sponsor is Bugaboo Digi Stamps


A randomly selected participant will win a digi stamp from our sponsor!  
 
 
 Here's my project........................
 
 
My inspiration was my husband.  He is a Navy Veteran and a wonderful man...My Hero! 
He has been through so much in his life and making sure he brings home the bacon, and extra money for craft supplies, he's a keeper! 
 
I used a Bugaboo Digi stamp as my focal point.   He was designed as Army...but since my hubby is Navy Veteran, I turned the little soldier into a sailor...even with a hard helmet.  :-).
 
I used Copics to color him in, and a clear spica pen to spruce up the star. 
 
The sentiments (inside & out) are the CardzTV Stamp set, "You're The Man."
 
 

 Make sure to link up your creation by SATURDAY, MAY 31, 2014 by 11:00 CST.







1 comment:

  1. Super nice card! Thank you for all you and your husband do to ensure our freedom!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete