Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day Cards

Happy Wednesday!
 
It is with bittersweet memories that I post my creations today.   
 
I lost my father, unexpectedly, 15 years ago.  My Father's Day was filled with both sorrow and joy.  Also, yesterday, June 18th, marks the 25th anniversary of my adoption day, by my then step-dad.
 
My first creation is a Thank You (for being) The Best Dad in the World card. 
 
I used DCWV's Guy Stack for this.   The Thank You stamp is from Peachy Keen's SOTM set PKSC-09.  It's one of my favorite sets.  =)   
 
 
 
 My dad was a stock car driver at a local speedway.  I remember going to see him race when I was a kid. 
 
I used Peachy Keen's SOTM set PKSC-11 for the face of the tire and the sentiment 'Celebrate.'  The hearts are from Peachy Keen's Cheesy Packer Fans stamp set. 
 
 
I colored the nose (of the face) and the hearts with one of my copic markers. 

 
My dad was great!  I cannot express to you how much I miss him.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love them both! Great papers! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for playing Peachy Keen's Challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete