Sunday, March 23, 2014

RCS Beaches Challenge

Welcome to another challenge at Red Carpet Studio!
 
 


This bi-weekly challenge is inspired by the movie "Beaches"
 


This movie centers around two women from opposite backgrounds who become lifelong friends during summers spent at an Atlantic City beach resort.

THE CHALLENGE:  In honor of Spring having sprung, vacations being planned, & relaxing times on the horizon, create a project inspired by a beach.  Do you have vacation pictures that need scrapped?  Are you partial to beach colors?  We can't see how you are inspired!

Challenge Guidelines
Project must be posted during the duration of the challenge, no back linking.
Project must fit the theme of the challenge.
Link up by April 5 at 11:00 PM US CST.
Number of challenge entries is limited to three per participant.

This challenge's sponsor is....

Charity Lazore for 31 Gifts


One of our participants will be randomly selected to win this beach inspired gift from thirty-one!
 
 
Here's my creation................................... 
 
I created a coin purse (gift card holder).  My inspiration for this was beach (tropical) colors.  I love teals, pinks, and yellows. 
 
I used a Samantha Walker Silhouette file (you can find it HERE).
 
The paper is from Samantha Walker Summer Cool paper collection.  This paper is double sided, heavy weight, and perfect for this project. 
 
(I thought this would be a cute little holder for an iTunes card.)
 
I inked all the teal patterns with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  To add some dimension, I used my McGill Tool Set to shaped the flowers, then spritzed the petals with Perfect Pearls Mist.  The flower was adhered together using glue dots. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment