Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Relax and Enjoy

Happy Wednesday!
 
Today I'm sharing with you a creation inspired by the Peachy Keen Stamps challenge 13-26 -Anything Goes!
 
 

 
As a little girl, I LOVED hot air balloons. I had stationary, book covers, folders... you name, I had it in hot air balloon print. 
 
For this challenge, a Peachy Keen Stamps is required.  I used the sentiment, Relax and Enjoy, from the PK-206 stamp set.  It think it's perfect!  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Black ink on white cardstock.  Then I enhanced it with Antique Linen Distress ink to better fit the feel I wanted.   



I added some Diamond Stickles to the balloon. It wouldn't have been complete without Stickles.
 
 For this card, I used a new technique to me - clouds for the background.   It took me three different attempts to not have some seriously noticable errors in it. =) 

The hot air balloon is from the Silhoutte Online Store, and it included two clouds.  I cut those out with a scrap piece of grey cardstock.  Then used them as templates with Stormy Sky distress ink for the background.  I like the softer, relaxing feel that the Storym Sky gives you compared to a more traditional blue, such as Broken China or Tumbled Glass Distress ink. 

 
 
I used 3 Girl Jam ribbon in Hot Chocolate to marry the background and sentiment pieces.

The hot air balloon is on some foam squares to bring it up off the background.  I think it gives it more of a 'floating in the air' feel.  Don't you? 
 

 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Looks so peaceful up in the clouds!!! n Love the sparkle too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the pretty papers and cloud background - I think it looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the pretty hot air balloon and the clouds!! Thanks for much for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful!!
    Happy 4th of July.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME job with your great card,LOVE the clouds!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete